Monday 14 April 2014

More on How to write a report and Gibbs Theory

My other reports, and how they have improved after the first one.
A description of what happened was, I would always look back on the reports I had already done and have the improvements of them, so I know how to better myself. I would keep reading the report question, so after I had done half of my report, I knew if I had answered the question and not left out an important part. 

How I felt about writing reports and how I now feel. I feel now a lot more confident to go into the second year and to know the style of writing a report. At the beginning I didn't like writing them, however  not I'm happy to. If I am honest I prefer writing a report than an essay now. I find them a lot easier to do and you can get more information into them. 

There were obviously good and bad points about writing reports and there will always be more I can learn and more ways I can improve. My timings were always good and I never left things until the last minuet. This meant I stayed calm and didn't stress too much when it came to deadlines.

What I can take away from this? The things that helped was definitely not stressing about the deadline and getting everything done. If I can stay calm then more work will get done and to a higher standard. Like mentioned before I feel a lot more confident about them  and I will continue to improve.

What I have learnt is a key factor that will help me through life, many companies ask for reports throughout the work so knowing how to lay them out and do them professionally helps. Next time I do a report I am going to get someone else to read it to make sure it is the best I can do and for ways to improve it. 

An action plan is to finalise everything so it all works together to make the report stronger, also like mentioned before get someone else to proof read it before submitting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment